Monday 4 October 2010

German Symposium for Applied Biostasis



I was pleased to speak at this German conference on applied biostasis.

My presentation was focussed on unveiling EUCRIO, a new development for cryonics standby, stabilisation, and transport, throughout the European Union.

As such, my talk concerned logistics, though I touched on science. Mostly, I left the science for the scientists, of whom there were plenty in the room.

Feedback included:

How can you charge so much?
How can you charge so little?
Too much marketing information!
Not enough marketing information!

Sometimes it can be fun to try to integrate everybody's wishes into a presentation, in such a fashion.

However, I was pleased to field questions both immediately after my presentation, and in an ongoing fashion through the rest of my time in Goslar (the location of the symposium). I was also interviewed by an Italian TV crew, while there.

By doing these talks all over the place, I've been building up something of a FAQ in addition to the FAQ on the EUCRIO website.

It is my intention to make a series of YouTube videos (and, thus, also blog posts), addressing these.

It was good also to see Cryonics Institute President Ben Best's talks, "Cryonics: Introduction" and "Cryonics: Technical Challenges", which are now available to watch:

www.biostase.de

No comments:

Post a Comment