Friday 1 January 2010

Yoga.

So, a New Year's Resolution:

I will do ten minutes of yoga each day.

Yes, that's right, just ten minutes.

* More than that and I will find it to be a drain on my time and desist after a short period.

* Less than that and it's too easy to slack on content.

Also, in doing this yoga I will explicitly NOT try to become more supple. Why not? Do I not want to become more supple? Of course, always. But if I try to become more supple then I will become discouraged at the slow progress and consider stopping it as ten minutes a day isn't visibly making me more supple.

Instead, my aim is simply to enjoy ten minutes of yoga. That's right, enjoy.

This will do good for my heart, my lungs, my general demeanour. Having a little time to relax with no specific greater goal outcome, nothing to work towards. I spend my life working towards things. I always have a million and one goals. I'm a consummate achiever in my daily life. I always strive to improve things. So instead, I'll relax out of that mindset for ten minutes.

And by doing this each day, it'll become a habit after a while.

When a habit, then maybe I'll expand on the time period.

My old yoga teacher would be proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment